Asociación RESPUESTA para la PAZ was founded in 1995 by Dr. Sara Horowitz and a group of enthusiastic and interdisciplinary colleagues, with the dual objective of providing an "answer" to the conflict -a committed, democratic and peaceful response- and disseminating the necessary tools for it.
We adhere to the International Peace Research Association (IPRA) and the Latin American Research Council for Peace (CLAIP), its Latin American branch, the International Peace Bureau (IPB), and other organizations committed to Peace.
Since its inception, Asociación RESPUESTA para la PAZ has organized cultural and academic exchange activities in universities, institutions, and organizations: Postgraduate Programs at the University of Buenos Aires: Faculty of Psychology and Law and Seminars on Negotiation, Strategic Negotiation and of Mediation at Harvard University (USA).
We had the honor of having in Argentina the visit and training of Prof. Johan Galtung (Transcend) on several occasions, as well as the repeated visits of Professors Deborah Kolb (Harvard University), Ursula Oswald Spring (UNAM), Robert Benjamin, ( USA), etc And the visits of Professors Deborah Kolb (Harvard University), Ursula Oswald Spring (UNAM), Robert Benjamin, (USA), etc.
Since its inception, ARP has members of experts in different disciplines such as Mediators, Psychologists, Internationalists, communicators, social workers, among others.
In addition, we are members of the Registry of Civil Society Organizations of the OAS, of:
- International Peace Research Association (IPRA)
- Latin American Research Council for Peace (CLAIP)
- International Peace Bureau (IPB)
- Argentine Network for International Cooperation (RACI)
- Peace and Citizenship Commission of the Consultative Council of Civil Society in the Foreign Ministry
Awards and honours
- Central American Forum Award for "Good practice." provided by Dubai Municipality-ONU Habitat
- Central American Forum Award